Sunday, October 14, 2012

Brave

I took my daughter to see this Disney film yesterday afternoon for a $2 matinee. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The mention of haggis, the Scottish accents, the barbaric men, even the shortbread. It was all very fun for me. Even the magic and bit of mysticism in it. After all, no Disney film would be complete without it. 

I called my ex-husband to let him know how it went for her. There was one bear scene that really scared her and I had to cover her eyes, so now she doesn't want it. Her 5 year old reasoning is that she's "already seen it at the movie theater." I shared this with him but he took it as us trading stories about our weekend. He was going to a bachelor party. I resisted asking him if it was his own. See, he still doesn't get that we are not friends, that I don't need to know about his life and unless he has something to tell me about the children, I really don't want to know. I tweeted yesterday morning that it was so nice to no longer have some people as your problem anymore. Yes, I meant him.

When we were in an accident less than a year ago, he went to the movies, though he knew it was serious. At the end, he told me he didn't care if I died. That's fine, I don't expect him to after he the way he treated me for 10 years, but his children were in the car. And he just went to the movies. Like nothing. I found out while I couldn't get a hold of him in the emergency room. Thinking, as a parent, I'd want to know how everyone was doing. I'd want questions answered. Did anyone lose consciousness? Did anyone need stitches? Xrays? They were fine thank God, but that wouldn't have been my reaction. Take what you want from my post, at the end of the day, it takes a certain amount of bravery to do what I did. And that was to escape my abuser. Thank God we're in different States. Physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment